Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Zeke

Well, the littlest man is coming along. I was a little worried Zeke was going to be a repeat of his brother...the first year, that is. And I confess I was a bit scared/worried. I love my Isaiah boy but his first year of life was the roughest ever for me and for my marriage. Oh, he wasn’t the cause of the marriage issues but I have to say I don’t ever want to relive a year like that one again. So when it looked like Ezekiel was thinking of following just a little too closely in his brother’s footsteps I got awful worried. (Here is the family of four.)


How was he following in Isaiah’s footsteps? You ask. Well, just like his brother he lost 1 pound by the 48 hour doctor visit. Then for his 2 week appointment he had gained no weight (Isaiah had at least gained some- although not back up to his birth weight of 9 pounds 9 ounces). It took Zeke about a month to get back up and past his birth weight.

Oh, but the scare of nursing issues and the possibility of a year of pumping like I did with Isaiah- I wish I could tell you what the last month of mind games has been like.

Thankfully Zeke is nursing fine…slowly and every 3 hours (which translates to 2 hour increments of time between feedings for me) even through the night. At his appointment earlier this week my strapping boy weighed in at 9 pounds 14 ounces making his mother ever so happy! : )

Other than nursing, trying to keep up with laundry, giving the other kids outside time and making sure we all eat I have not much time to spare. You could say I am in pure survival mode, the mode where it is a bit hard to think much beyond today or the end of this week. Do you think 2 hour intervals of sleep factor in there? Hmmm….

Anyhow, this is the littlest man not too long ago. He definitely favors Isaiah and Katie with his dark hair and darker skin. All in all his is a sweet and fairly calm baby which is a true blessing. He smiles in his sleep and is quite the little noisemaker when doing his business- all boy in that department!


More on all the family later…I am cutting into my 2 hours of sack time so I’ll bid you adieu for now!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Oh, Momma! My heart goes out to you. It took Anna a month to learn to nurse, and there was a short period after she learned that she nursed very slowly, for some reason. Then, suddenly, she could do a feeding in twenty minutes. I will pray for twenty minute feedings for you and your precious one.

I can't tell you how much I wish I could be there to take the kids outside for you, and to do laundry and help with sweeping and what not. I so remember where you are at right now. It truly is survival mode. Is anyone offering to help? I think I remember that husband's family lives an hour away? Is anyone closer than that?

I am praying, Dear Jess!

joanna said...

Precious pictures :). Your pure survival mode and an hour at each feeding and not much more than that in between sounds oddly familiar - like twins! Praying that you find grace for every day. Yikes, we're 9 months in here and I'm afraid that I'm still just surviving.

Post a Comment