Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Flotsam & Jetsam

I figured that title would be appropriate for the few topics I was going to write about tonight. :) The first thing I was going to mention was just being very thankful for this ladies study I am starting. A girlfriend of mine wanted to start up a Bible study for the ladies in her church, as there was none available. It took some finagling but it has come together and I am just really blessed to be a part of it. I was a little sad when I had to turn down Tuesday morning Bible study with the ladies at the church we attend. It was a struggle because I loved going, it kept me accountable to be in the Word (which I need during this season of my life) and I greatly appreciated my adult time. However, it made home schooling difficult. We just weren't able to get much done if anything school wise on Tuesdays and then would be playing catch up the rest of the week. Now for someone who is organized and prepares better than I do this probably wouldn't be a problem, but for me it had become stressful. So when this opportunity came along to do this study Sunday evenings I jumped at it. It is going to be good in more ways than I can describe. And it isn't the particular study that has me excited, it is the ladies and the fellowship. There is something different and refreshing about it this time around...I don't mean that the fellowship with the ladies at my church was unfulfilling or anything. I think the circumstances for how this study came to be, where these other ladies are coming from and how that changes how I am approaching study this time around add to the newness of it. I wish I could word it better... but I guess what I am trying to convey is just my thankfulness to Lord for providing a door to open for female fellowship when another one had closed.

In other news my mother-in-law started chemotherapy on Friday. She is aiming to complete 4 rounds, three weeks apart. She was feeling rather icky today- the nausea feeling where you wish you could just throw-up and get it over with already. Unfortunately throwing-up will do nothing to relieve her discomfort. We'll see how long her low valleys last and if she'll be able to handle it. She is a doer, I think I mentioned that before, and doesn't like being out of commission. It is hard in more ways than one. And this is just the beginning of her cancer treatment regimen. After the chemo she has 6 or so weeks of radiation followed by 5 years of hormone therapy (what she had referred to as taking a chemo pill). Please keep her in your prayers - it is Miss Janet.

My beloved uncle who had esophageal cancer is still recovering from some seriously major surgery to remove his cancer just before Christmas time. They have found him to be cancer free and even removed his port (where he would receive chemo) which is super encouraging because they see no need for it anymore! Praise God! :) His body does still need healing - you know the surgery was major when your loved one had to remain in intensive care for 3 days and the hospital for a little over a week beyond that before they'd send him home. It was no small thing. So if you could also pray for my favorite uncle (a running joke, since I am his favorite niece - albeit his only niece) to continue to have a healthy and steady recovery and to remain cancer free.

Lastly, I have one more prayer request. I am getting bold in my old age! :) I also want to ask for prayer for my mom. She needs one of two things to happen - her beloved to get a nice job stateside or for her to find a job stateside. She is just worn out from non-stop work in a war zone area overseas and it is taking its toll physically and emotionally. She has been at it for 4 1/2 years and it is time for her to be home- her hearts desire as well.

Alright, a long one filled with random thoughts and prayer requests so I'll let you go. I hope you and your loved ones are doing well. And if there is anything I can be praying for you, please leave a note in the comments and I will consider it an honor to do so. My bed is screaming my name so I'll say goodnight and sweet dreams. :)

4 comments:

Margie said...

I hear you about the bible study situation. You know I hesitated to sign up for this one for my own reasons. Depending on what school Ainsley is in for the fall, I will most likely not be doing the Tuesday morning study either. I only hope I am as fortunate as you and able to find an evening study which I am able to committ to with B's travels. I need the accountability to stay in the Word on a regular basis. It was nice to be able to spend time with you this weekend. Maybe we can have a girls evening out for coffee/dessert or something soon.

Christine said...

I am excited about your new study as well. Wish I could take part. :)

I will start praying for your MIL, and for your mom and her beloved. I'm about to start my shower and that is always a good prayer place. lol

Becca L. said...

I am so glad the study is working for you. God just has a way with things, you know. I miss seeing you and all the kids on Tuesdays though! I guess that just means we need to make a better effort to get together! Your prayers are noted and will be prayed upon.

Becca L. said...

Oh, and what's up with the "old age" comment? Margie & I ought to take you out back in an alley somewhere! ;)

Post a Comment