Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Cute Things They've Said

Oh children do say some of the funniest and just out right cute things. Here are a few things that have been said by my children these last two weeks or so.

Isaiah-
“Mom! You need to get the camera and take a picture of me in my nice clothes!”


He said the same thing to my Beloved while going to retrieve said camera for me at a wedding we recently attended. I had just bought him some snazzy clothes, dress clothes (on clearance!!!), for this wedding and then Easter. I have to confess it has to be Christmas or Easter to have me buy him nice clothes. Kiersten always seems to have a fancy dress or two, as dressing up is her thing. But Isaiah? Not so much. I had also bought him some little man loafers to go with the outfit. I think the child just felt mighty special and proud in his get up…and although the pictures aren’t great I did manage to get a few of my gussied up Biggest Man. What a handsome sweetie. (He's busting a move in these pictures!)


Kiersten while at the dentists office having her teeth flossed-
“I am not so keen on this part.”

The hygienist had to stop and ask her if that is what she really said. That polite way of saying, “Lady, I do NOT like what you are doing,” threw her off guard and made her smile. She was a younger gal too so ‘keen’ isn’t something she’s heard all too often.

Kiersten on getting bigger-
“I know one thing for sure. I WILL be bigger than Grandma!” (My husband’s mom is 5’ 1” or so)

We had been telling her maybe we would should plant Isaiah out in the garden so he could grow but that we wouldn’t want to put her out there because she was tall enough. That opened up a whole discussion of – “How tall will I be?” We told her about my height or so. There was some teasing going on though and that is when she broke out in the biggest grin and made her declaration.

Kiersten on the way to church on Sunday-
“Mom, was there really such a thing as the 1940’s?”

I smiled a good one at this question. I do think it was prompted by a T-shirt Isaiah had worn a day or two before with a car on it and I believe it had 1940 something or 1940’s on it as well. We aren’t there in History yet, so I know that isn’t where the thought came from. I had to wait until later in the day to share that one with my Beloved (we drive separate to church so he wasn’t present when she originally said it). As my Beloved’s mother is old enough to have been born in the 1940’s we had to call her again (did after the last comment) and to share a laugh with her. I don’t think Kiersten is holding up well in her standing as a grandchild on that side of the family. : )

Oh dear, children are a blessing from the Lord. They have their days (don’t’ we all?), but lately my Beloved and I have been sharing more smiles and giggles over all that the kids’ have been up to. Laughter is indeed the best medicine!

0 comments:

Post a Comment