Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

What They've Been Up To : Katie

The Katie girl, so much to say and yet there is so much that shouldn’t be said. I have to laugh when I think of what my OBGYN told me about her 3rd child. She described her as having retractable horns. And I have to say that kind of accurately describes my Katie!


She is the sweetest, cutest, most adorable girl that has this great laugh, crazy hair and mouth full of teeth. I do completely adore her and am smitten.

But I also see her as being a bit of pill or a pickle (the horns part). She is definitely the most headstrong of our children at this age. I never really had a fit or tantrum thrower until she came along. Oh, sure the other two threw an occasional fit or tantrum here or there…but it wasn’t their mode of expressing their displeasure when they didn’t get what they wanted. Katie on the other hand…well, let’s just say she could teach a class on SHOWING her unhappiness when things don’t go her way.

Did I mention she isn’t a quitter either? Yeah, so when those fits come on (and they tend to come on strong) she doesn’t up and quit any time soon. It could be 20 minutes of sweet bliss listening to her scream down by the door we only momentarily came in from because who knows why with her coat still on and her hat in hand. The options you are left with are ignore her and let her fight it out herself or physically pick her up and put her in her bed. There is no middle ground. Did I mention the arching? Ah well, you with children of your own know of what I speak.


But enough about her sassy side. What has she been UP to? The girl is working on her speaking skills. Daily we hear new words come out that we didn’t know she could say. She is constantly trying to repeat something said. For instance Dad was messing with her the other day and he said, “Poke!” as he proceeded to poke her ticklishly in her side. Out came something very close to poke…but without the hard p sound.

Our favorite thing to come out of her mouth? Why that would be, “EEEEEEE HAW!” Please don’t ask. No, we aren’t from southern families. And no, we have absolutely no idea where she picked that up. I will say she says it at the funniest times. Almost on cue it seems. What a nut.


Katie is a complete teaser and never misses any opportunity to mess with her siblings, in particular Isaiah. She grabs one of whatever type of toy he is playing with and just runs solely with the intent of being chased and laughing the whole way. Oh! Does she ever get a rise out of him. He definitely has to be in the mood to play or he just cries. He does however ALWAYS run after her to claim whatever it was she has stolen. Sometimes he takes it back nice and other times…. She never does that type of thing to Kiersten though, only Isaiah. It might have to do with being one of the few ways he’ll pay some attention to her. Who knows? But can I confess I laugh quite a bit when I see this and sometimes aide her in her fun? (Don’t tell on me, ok?)

My favorite thing about Katie is her grin. She has all these different facial expressions even with just her smile. She has this pursed lip grin (seen in picture with Kiersten) that is coy. She also has just the wide open grin where she looks so toothy, which I adore. Did I mention she is a nut? Wait until you see her laugh and do this up down thing with her jaw while she does it! (Disclaminer: the nutty side of her she gets from her father!)

Anyhow, I have run a bit at the mouth over her so I’ll quit now. You are a brave soul if you have indeed made it here! Take care : )

0 comments:

Post a Comment