Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Joshua

Not too long ago…mid-winter or so we decided to buy Kiersten a big girl Bible. We have a couple of kiddy Bibles but not anything for a young reader. Our church was doing this family February event, tying together church and home, and they were selling the Adventure Bible and worship CD’s. I went online to see what I could find because although the Adventure Bible sounded great…well, it just didn’t appeal to a girl’s heart.

I ended up buying this young readers edition of the Adventure Bible. She was sooooo pleased with the purple soft cover. She held onto and flipped through it for days. It was just real sweet.


Anyhow, a few days later for our Bible time we were going to start the book of Joshua. So I handed her her Bible and asked her if she thought she could find the book of Joshua.

This is what I heard in reply, “Sure, Mama. That’s easy, squeezy double ga-beezy! Is that 1st Joshua or 2nd Joshua?”

That one got me just so and I couldn’t stop grinning for the pure sweetness and innocence of response. 1st or 2nd Joshua. It took me a minute or two to reply and to tell her that although there are a lot of books in the Old Testament that do have 2 books Joshua was not one of them.

A memory to cherish, remember and share again with a sweet young soul.

0 comments:

Post a Comment