Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Beggars can't be choosers

I might have begged to have my third child do her business on the toilet, but I most certainly do not get to choose the time at which she does it.

Beggars cannot be choosers.

Why might I ask, can't they?

I'd like to be.

Is too much to hope at 8:30, when your child has called out from her bed for the first time that she has to go potty, when you place that little hinder on your favorite red toilet that she would succumb to the pressure and do what she said needed doing?

Guess so.

How about at 11:30, when she called out a second time that she had business to attend to, is it too much to hope she would do it then?

Apparently it is.

(By now my suspicions are confirmed. I had a feeling earlier in the evening that my sweet girl needed to make more than make potty on the toilet but just couldn't, nay, wouldn't. When I carried her down at 11:30 and her legs were stiff and she was straining there was no doubt what was going on.)

Now, finally, after her third cry out at 2 a.m. that she needs to visit the toilet it isn't too much to hope that she'll follow through. She has done what she thought she wanted to do all evening.

She is relieved and I am exhausted. : )

Good night. Sweet dreams. I'll see you in the morning!

0 comments:

Post a Comment