Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Liar Liar

Have you ever had your child or children make a liar out of you?

For example making a doctor’s appointment because your child wasn’t feeling well or had a fever only to take them to the appointment and have them smile and act like nothing was wrong?

Or tell someone else your child ‘never’ …. (fill in the blank) only to have them do that very thing right in front of this person?

Me neither. : )

Well, that is just what Miss Katie girl has done to me after my little tirade on potty training. She has made a liar out of me. The day after I wrote this post she took to potty training like a champ! Oh, she’s had a few accidents between now and then. Let me share what else she has done between now and then.

First let me just say that I recently reclaimed a portable training toilet I had lent to another mom. I have never used it but rather trained both Kiersten and Isaiah with those insert toilet seats that fit on a regular toilet. After seeing how Katie was fairing and feeling I was in for something new I decided what could it hurt to try a training toilet?

Oh little red toilet how I LOVE YOU!


This toilet has made potty training more bearable for me and more enjoyable for the Katie girl.

Back to what all has transpired between now and then. Katie has taken to telling us she needs to use the toilet even while wearing a diaper (she was headed up to bed). The diaper was dry. She was waiting until we placed her on the toilet to do her thing. (This makes Mom VERY happy!) This ‘telling’ us she has to go has replaced setting the timer in order to ensure she sits down again to try within a reasonable amount of time.

What else? How about waking Mom up at 3:30 in the A.M. to tell her you ‘pooped’ (code for I made potty) in your diaper. I asked her if she wanted me to change her.

“Yes!” was the prompt reply.

“Would you like to sit on the toilet?”

“Yes!”

Down we went to the living room where I took off her still dry diaper and put her on the little toilet. Within a matter of seconds that sweet, headstrong little thing made her potty! We went through our little routine and we headed back upstairs with her chocolate treat in her hand. She ate it, I gave her some lovin’ and sent her back on her way to dreamland.

I must say a middle of the night potty call is a first for me! I’ll take it though, because middle of the night or middle of the day, any time she tells me she needs to make potty and waits until we are on it in order to do so…well that is some serious progress in my book!

And can I just say a little person running around half dressed in girly underwear is precious?

Thanks again little red toilet ( & Hershey’s Hugs)! Without you I am not sure how I would be fairing in this battle between diaper and toilet. GO TOILET!!! : )

1 comments:

Margie said...

Good job Miss Katie! Yay for Mommy too!

Post a Comment