Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Up North II

As mentioned before Kiersten's 6th birthday fell while we were up at my grandparents' cabin. It was special and fun because it was the first birthday we had celebrated with my family. My mom got her the baby doll she has been asking for for the last month or so. Ever since the arrival of Katie, Kiersten has been wanting to play with a baby doll. Not sure yet whether this will last or if is just a passing fad. Anyhow, she made me a little bit embarressed when she boldly asked my grandma if they got her a gift as well. We'll have to work on this, since this isn't the first time she has been so bold about asking others for gifts.
Birthdays aside the kids' did get to spend quality time with both my grandparents and my mom and her beloved. Here are a few snapshots the Isaiah and Kiersten getting some love. :)
Isaiah snuggle right up with my grandma in the morning for a snack. This has become his usual picture face- the squinty eyes. What a nut!

Here is Kiersten with her new baby doll :) (Amy is her name) and both my grandparents. Grandpa is quite the teaser and there has been an outstanding joke the last few years with him being mr. wonderful. I had actually found a mug with mr. wonderful on it and brought it up. Not so sure if grandma will love on me after that, but I have moved into a special place in grandpa's heart! I'll have to find a similar type mug for grandma. Can't let grandpa's head get too big! :)

And lastly we have Kiersten sitting on the swing with my mom and her beloved. Kiersten had such a good time with Grandma Darlene! She hardly left her alone and even went looking for her while she was in the bathroom! Thankfully Grandma is a good sport and treasures all the time Kiersten wants to have with her. Although Kiersten was a bit jealous if Grandma wanted to spend time with the other two grandkids'. She actually asked me to take Katie from Grandma so she could play with her. I had to set her straight, especially since my mom hardly held Katie. She had to learn the lesson of sharing not just toys but people as well.

We definitely had a wonderful time and look forward to going up again next year. It is only a few hours drive and is always such a blessing. I treasure the time with my grandparents. Being one of almost 40 grandchildren, time alone with them has always been hard to come by. Anyhow, that is the trip up North. See you later!

0 comments:

Post a Comment