Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Really Sweet

Believe it or not this post isn't about the kids! *gasp* This actually is about a call I received from my older brother the other evening. He called a few nights ago when there was a storm passing through the area that had a tornado warning associated with it. He wanted to check and make sure we were all right and just hi.

Now this might seem like no big deal to some but to me it was something special. My brother just isn't the keep-in-touch kind of guy. I don't know how to explain it other than to say he just doesn't. He'll come see you when you are in town. He'll send the occasional birthday card, maybe. It isn't a mean thing or an I don't love you or want to know you kind of thing it is simply the way he is...with everyone.

So when he called to check-up on us, and we don't live in the same state or even a neighboring state, it really meant a lot to me. I guess it is just the kind of season we are in because he sent me a funny birthday card this year, as only brothers can, and wrote a very touching note to go along with it. In fact it made me cry. Sure, my hormones are a factor as a result of the pregnancy but it was just that kind of sweet and loving note that isn't typical of him and because it isn't typical it just meant/means all that much more.

Anyhow, long story short he is a sweetie and working hard to pursue his dreams. He's also single and quite the looker for any of you single ladies out there! : ) Love you Jason. Thanks for checking-up.

1 comments:

Christine said...

Happy Mother's Day! Hope you had a special day!

Post a Comment