Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

She's a natural...

climber. Just like her sister.

Did I ever tell you about the time Kiersten was 2...well, I suppose I wouldn't have since I wasn't blogging back then. Let's take a quick walk down memory lane, shall we?

When we first moved to our current location we were invited over to my Beloveds supervisor's house for dinner. They are a lovely older couple who took a real shine to the KK girl (our one and only child at the time...although another bun had begun to bake in the oven, but I digress). Anyhow, they had this enormous fish tank. It took up half the length of their wall. So it had to be about 6 feet long and it was rather high up. Kiersten disappears for a short while, for she is the original Little Miss Nosey, and when she comes back she is carrying a step stool she found from who knows where in their house. All so that she could climb up and get a better look at those fish! Honestly! (Between you and me you do realize all her naughty habits come from her father, right? All the sugar and spice comes from me. So long as we are clear. :) )

So, back to Katie. The girl truthfully must have gotten the same climber gene as Kiersten (so many more stories I could tell!). I cannot turn my back without Katie going up on this little rocking chair and then to the couch. Today she kept climbing up so I moved the chair away from the couch.

I thought I was clever. Well, she showed me. Just because I moved the chair did not mean she wasn't going to climb on it. I mean, why would she? Isn't that just a ridiculous assumption?

So after about the 10th time (you'd have thought I would have been a little faster on the uptake) of hearing Kiersten say, "Mom, she's standing on the chair again!" I wised up and took the chair away altogether. This is the pose she struck each time I came to get her down.

I tell you she is going to give me a run for my money! In the morning if I don't get the gate up fast enough she hot foots it the stairs and up she goes. That girl.

4 comments:

Christine said...

That's Emily as well. I can't wait for life without gates!

On second thought, that would mean no more baby, toddler and preschool toes to kiss!

Margie said...

Oh my goodness! I love those Katie legs. I could just eat them up. Ainsley was a climber as well. Rebecca had told me once that she turned around and caught Ainsley climbing up the toy shelves in the nursery room so that she could sit on top and read the books up there. She will give you a run for your money I think!

joanna said...

Hi Jess! I didn't realize you read my blog, I think you commented a while back and I thought it was someone else. Anyway, I just found yours and it is so fun to see your little (mischievous?) kiddos in action. As for my kids, they are all just sugar and spice like their mommy too - ha!

mummyof6monsters said...

cute! Luka constantly pushes chairs around, so he can climb up and open cupboards etc, and climbs UP the slide:)

Post a Comment